Saturday 3 September 2011

COMMENT Archive OCSO General Chapter 2002, Br. Stephen

Hi, William,
Thank you for appreciating the Posts on Br. Stephen and 2002 MGM.
So that was swan-song farewell of the General Chapter 2002.
Since then Dom Raymond were at the next two MGMs. 2005, 2008.
Abbot Mark will be setting off next week to Assisi for the 2011 General Chapter.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to be with him.
Yours,
Donald
+ + + 
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: WILLIAM WARDLE ...
To: Fr Donald .....
Sent: Sat, 3 September, 2011 9:14:26
Subject: Re: [Blog] Br.Stephen

Dear Father Donald,
 
It is lovely to remember, and I have such dear memories of Br. Stephen greeting me - I too received his wink like Richard North! whose talks with Br. Stephen described in his book 'Fools for God' delighted me, and I carry in my pocket book THE white piece of card he gave me with the eternal words which he had written, "Lord Jesus, teach us to love you more and more". When he caused me to talk about my life in the world, which was rather demanding at that time, he always left me feeling that my feet were more firmly on the ground and my head settle back on my shoulders. And when next we met, he carried a knowing look!
 
Good memories of a deeply spiritual and loving man. I keep remembrance of him, and of his passing in my anniversaries.
 
... in Our Lord,
William.

From: Fr Donald
To: williamwardle2bp@btinternet.com
Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011, 21:06
Subject: [Dom Donald's Blog] Br.Stephen (John) died 14 Feb 2008 NEWS Archive
Brother Stephen Heenan OCSO Cistercian Monk, Nunraw.
Brother Stephen removes a bundle of paper from his habit, On one small square of card he has written: "Lord Jesus teach us to love you more and more". "I just think the words. If I walked about saying it they’d think I was a crackpot.
"You've got to try and get a personal relationship with Jesus. You've got to ask him to help you,  

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: WILLIAM WARDLE ...
Sent: Fri, 2 September, 2011 18:42:44
Subject: Re: [Blog] Archive OCSO General Chapter 2002

Dear Father Donald,
 
I am delighting in the memory of the MGM of 2002 which you so kindly shared with me - I am still overawed as I view the photographs - and I am wondering if I might enquire as to whether this September's MGM will be publishing on the OCSO website the unfolding events in Assisi. Goodness - I remember my excitement when you first gave me a secret 'live' link to the MGM at Lourdes!
 
...  in Our Lord,
William


Thursday, 1 September 2011

Archive OCSO General Chapter 2002

ARCHIVE unearthed from Liam Tripod extant. 

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Abbots Meet at Cistercian General Chapter in Rome

September 2002

Dom Jude and Dom Joseph of Mt St Bernard, taken as they crossed the white line from Italy to Vatican City at the entrance to the Pope’s summer home, Castel Gandolfo in the Alban Hills. 

No comments: