Tuesday 16 March 2010

Comment - Intriguing

COMMENT
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: William J . . .
To: Donald . . .
Sent: Mon, March 15, 2010 8:13:25 PM
Subject: Reply: Ps. 84 - intriguing!

Dear Donald,
Please thank Andy - I have followed his web link and seen the exact words that I love - from the 'Book of Common Prayer'.
  • I have (strangely enough) a copy of the "Prayer of Christians - American Interim Breviary" published in 1971, but the wording holds close to the NAB.
  • I will endeavour to find out the country of origin of the publication, England or American (an excuse to visit the 2nd hand book shop!).
  • May there be further devotional treasures hidden within this translation,
  • I wonder.
  • I have turned open once again Thomas Merton's book "Bread in the wilderness" which introduced me to the psalms and the Opus Dei, hoping to find his quote regarding the psalms being like a garden of flowers...
Thank you
from
William
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments: