Tuesday 7 August 2012

You aren't a little church all by yourself. You are part of the great activity of Christ in the breath of the Spirit

  

August 3 - After communion (absentminded)
“I'm here." (In a tone of gentle reproach)
This passing phrase of Gabrielle was sufficient for several days - simply the Lord, “I'm here." 
And in turn a fuller passage is alive, giving voice to the seeds already growing, "You aren't a little church all by yourself. You are part of the great activity of Christ in the breath of the Spirit."

YOU AND i by Gabriel Bossis.
1949 August· 4 - Holy hour.
''When you are at My feet praying or meditating, why not be one in spirit with all the pure in heart who are praying and meditating? You aren't a little church all by yourself. You are part of the great activity of Christ in the breath of the Spirit. And in isolating yourself you would break the chain. So be linked together with-other fervent people and aware of My desire for you all .to be one. You remember My seamless robe?
Become humble enough to lose yourself in everyone else and eager enough for merits to seek to benefit by the merits of your brothers, since I permit this. I am the Father who has found a way to help His children get rich quickly. And having explained this to them, I wait for them to profit by it, for I suffer more than they do from their poverty. My little girl, you don't see how poor you are. If your eyes were opened, how careful you would be to cover your dress with someone else's garment in order to be pleasing in My sight.
Do you want to think more often of this daily union with all My Christians in the world at this moment? The suffering ones, the persecuted, the abandoned, those in exile and in prison, those who are martyred for My Name's sake, the souls in ruined bodies who continue to bless Me, to serve Me and to call Me with all their love right to their very last breath? Unite with them so that you may lose nothing of all this. Try to grasp the fact that these new treasures bring you ever nearer to Me. This is your goal: to reach Me. And I am so eager to have you that I stoop down, stretching out My two hands to you. Don't turn away. It's the proud who refuse a free gift. How I long for you to do Me the favour of accepting My help. I'll be even tempted to say, 'Thank you!' "