Thursday 27 September 2012

Sept 27 Memorial of St. Vincent dePaul. Quote 1945 from Gabrielle Bossis




HE AND I by Gabrielle B.
1945 September 27 - "Do you understand the appalling ingratitude of flying from Him who loves you so dearly?
Find your happiness in serving Me, even in the very smallest details. Nothing that is for love is little. "
"Lord, how can You be touched by such weak things from Your weak creatures?" 

 "Haven't I been your Brother? Don't I know human nature and the life of man on earth? You are so used to picturing Me as the God in heaven that you forget how I toiled, suffered from cold, heat, hunger, just as you do. But I was always more afflicted than you.

When the last day comes and you look for Him who on earth was the poorest and most tortured of men you will recognize the Son of Man and you will understand why He received the greatest weight of glory."




Daily Gospel and Reflection, Thursday, September 27, 2012

Saint Vincent de Paul, priest Ecclesiastes 1:2-11, 1st Reading Psalm 90 Luke 9:7-9 Call to Worship Song Here I Am, Lord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGZ9j3OD88 Entrance Antiphon The Spirit of God is upon me; he has anointed me. He sent me to bring good news to the poor, and to heal the broken hearted. (Luke 4:18) Opening Prayer God our Father, you gave Vincent de Paul


No comments: