Wednesday 21 November 2012

COMMENTS: Books

Hi, William,
You didn't dream! Vision in reality!
And there exactly I looked, five times. It must be my blind spot.
Fr. Thomas followed your directions. Immediately found the precious volume.
Many thanks.

The Carlisle Bookcase, the vast theological section already gives the browsing for pleasure. The Online progress will make it even instant service. You could well lend one of your full hands.

Thank you for the Thomas Merton window on to the 'Imitation'.

Two PC Monitors are giving problems. Maybe I can visit Comet tomorrow.

www.clearance-comet.co.uk/ 
Browse through our great deals on Comet Clearance Auction site, including great prices on
Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Laptops and TVs. Buy direct from Comet.

Very busy getting back to book storage in a great kip. Like the Knox Commentary catalogued in the 70s, I am discovering books in the dump were stamped and shelved. Vandals have since been in the cloister??????.
 Yours
Donald
+ + +



----- Forwarded Message -----
From: William - - -
To: Donald - - -
Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2012, 16:04
Subject: Re: DE IMITATIONE CHRISTI Book's title page

Dear Father Donald,
 
I do hope that the Knox commentaries 'compendium' reveals itself! I'm sure I didn't dream it...
 
Thank you for your concern re the edition of the Imitation coming to me from Ireland. It was the only copy 'anywhere' with the full title which I copied down from your pocket gem, to include "to which are added Practical Reflections and a Prayer at the end of each chapter" - Talbot Press". I should dearly love to knowwho wrote the Sacramental Meditations that so attract me! It is so kind of you to suggest the availability of a possible second copy. I will let you know when the edition arrives - extraordinary delivery projection 10-45 days (21st Jan)!
 
The Carlisle 'Bookcase' will really struggle to put their vast theological section online (goodness, but I should love to help!)
 
The references to the Imitation are truly boundless! I followed through that blog article which spoke of Thomas Merton's attraction to it - Journal Vol 1, page 338-340. He quotes a passage and makes a very meaningful comment regarding the 'process' of elucidation. Totally separate to these remarks follows an entry which indeed I can appreciate: " The life in this abbey is not understandable unless you begin the day with the monks, with Matins... the whole business of the day is really prayer, culminating in [as opposed to starting with] High Mass."
 
It is a great joy for me to share in your endeavours .... indeed, there is so much in which to desire to immerse oneself!
 
With my love in Our Lord,
William 
  



Donald


No comments: