Tuesday 12 May 2015

Jesus, "..our fused hearts beat together."

When the Divine Will Reigns in Souls
May the Kingdom of the Divine Will come and reign on Earth as it does in Heaven.

COMMENT: Hearts fused - Jesus, "..our fused hearts beat together."

April 1, 1916

Detachment and Fidelity in a Soul Make Her Pulsate As One with Jesus.

This morning my sweet Jesus manifested Himself within my heart, and there our fused hearts beat together. I saw Him, and He said to me: "My daughter, within whoever truly loves Me and in all things does my Will, his heartbeat and Mine become as one to such an extent that I call his heartbeats Mine. Being Mine, I want them all around and even within the beating of my own Heart. They are dedicated to console Me and sweeten Me. All his heartbeats in my own heartbeat will form a sweet harmony that will repeat all my Life and talk to Me of souls, compelling Me to save them.

"But to echo my heartbeat, what a tremendous detachment is needed! One needs to live more a heavenly life than an earthly one, more divine than human. It takes but a shadow, a small thing, to keep a soul from feeling the power, the harmonies and the holiness of my heartbeat, and thus keep it from echoing my own beat in harmony with Me. When that happens I am obli­gated to be alone with my sorrow or my joy, a sorrow caused by souls who make endless promises to Me, but which, when it comes down to making a decision, defraud Me of these promises."
                                                   Luisa Piccarreta   


FOOTNOTE: In our pre-Compline we listened in very different Lectio. Poetry of Thomas Merton and T. S. Eliot, 'Whereof we cannot speak we should be silent." Ludwig Wittgenstein. From THE MERTON JOURNAL.


No comments: