Thursday 13 September 2007

Holy Name of Mary FEEDBACK

Holy Name of Mary Feedback:

One rather robust feedback from SMP.
“Just read your holy writ. Can you beef it up a bit and give me something I can use for the winter Jottings (Newsletter)?”

In reply I suggested:
“Talking of BEEFING IT UP, the weB Log is only for sensitive souls, rather than for the knock-about of a Newsletter.
Anyway see what you make of some of the FEEDBACK I have had”.

Brian had come to the Guesthouse from Hull. “Thank you for the Homily”, he said speaking from beside his over powered BMW motorcycle. “That is what I have been trying to do all my life, keeping it simple”. His story was that from childhood he wanted to have a motorcycle. His mother was dead against it. He looked after her to the great age of 90. From the legacy she left he was able to get a superb motorcycle and has travelled the country – at times with his wife on the pillion!

Email from Jane MacM . . .: Thank you for your lovely Blog on the Holy Name of Mary.

Another Email response was more reflective:

Dear Father Donald,
I love your introduction to the "memorial of the Most Holy Name of the Virgin" that you will be celebrating on 12 September. I knew nothing of this, either from my St Paul Liturgical Calendar, or from the Divine Office Proper of Saints. I have found a very brief mention in the 'Benedictine Daily Prayer - A Short Breviary' ["Holy Name of Mary, optional memorial, from the Common of the Blessed Virgin".

And I enjoyed your directional pointer...leading us.

"....it can be seen as a revolutionary feminist Proclamation... Elizabeth the expectant mother of John the Baptist, Mary the expectant mother of Jesus, leading us, in the most human approach, the birth of the Child Jesus, to the greatest Mystery, to the Incarnate the Son of God."
I hardly dare comment (!), but would love to say...

And that is 'as God intended'... the women in the Gospel present to the world (of men) moments of great import, Mary, Elizabeth, Magdalene. They leave the men to run hither and thither on hearing, undertaking great deeds... and the women say little: they do not need to, for they have said it all.

The prayer of the Mass is quite beautiful...for tomorrow - Thank you.

And so is "There is only the NOW of the Divine Presence".

Yours….. WW

Subject: Re: [Dom Donald's Blog] The Holy Name of Mary
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:18:27 +0100

It was wonderful to read what you wrote about Mary our Mother. I love to meditate on the Visitation of Our Lady, meeting her cousin. The meeting is so beautiful it draws you in. In fact It's almost tangible.

What exactly is a blog Father Donald? I can see that you have one, and I presume that the information I receive when it comes from you, and addressed to you, has been written on your blog. Forgive my stupidity but I know I' get a straight answer from you. I'm waiting patiently now for my new computer and hpefully that will be me settled for a while, developing a little more knowledge in this very technological world we live in.
Yours,
BC

Answer suggested by fellow writer; A
"Blog" is a reflective journal in which all are invited to share. (WeB Log = Blog for short).



No comments: