Monday 22 June 2009

My little piece of Scotland



My little piece of Scotland

Scotland on Sunday: 21 June 2009, E-mail

MY FAVOURITE little piece of Scotland has got to be Nunraw, East Lothian. My little brother Joe was born here. I like it because there are lots of trees to climb and rhododendrons for us and the cat, Hardy. I also like it because there are lots of flowers to pick for my mum and neighbour, Maggy.

The monks live in the abbey, two roads up above us. They are very nice and we go to see them for church sometimes. The monks have a farm where my second neighbour Gerry works. It's not a "farm" farm because they only keep cows in it. They clear out the cages when the cattle are out mating and feeding.

At Nunraw in the houses it's very cold but outside it's a little warmer. At Nunraw there is a popular tree that is the lime tree. When you go through the arch past our houses there is a whole road of lime trees up to the farm.

I have lived here for eight years. I am bilingual, my dad is French and my mum is Irish. They have lived in Scotland for 20 years. My dad lives in Haddington and it's nice there as well. In Haddington I have a friend called Katherine and we went to Yellowcraigs beach with her.

Although we have a small garden we can fit lots of games into it. Joe, Papa and I play piggy-in-the-middle, football, catch-bounce pass and chest pass with our teddies Tortia, Chocko, Goldie and Teddy. We go for walks along the River Tyne with our pets in the buggy. A few times we cycled ten miles from Haddington to Longniddry and back along the cycle path. It's a lot of fun and we stop at our favourite places: the car park, the pond where we make bridges, the park, the bench and Longniddry, where we watch the trains.

I enjoy having two houses and a cat. We got the cat to keep the field mice away. Hardy (the cat) has killed 20 field mice at the moment. I like him.

Saoirse Joy Murphy (eight), Nunraw


1 comment:

rex coelestis said...

Please consider adding a link to The Pope's Cologne to your website.The url is below.
It would help me.
Thank you,
Fred Hass
www.thepopescologne.com

www.thepopescologne