Saturday 11 September 2010

Tree bear good fruit


Saturday, September 11, 2010
Readings I Cor 10:14-22
Lk 6:43-49
Mass Intro (Fr. S … ):     
Today’s Gospel Reading is a series of separate sayings of Jesus which were spoken on different occasion and Luke is giving us a kind of compendium of rules for life and living verses 43 and 44 remind is that man can be judged by his deeds just as by its fruits.

The good man draws what is good from the store of goodness is his heart. It is his inner nature that determines what fruit has life will yield, so as also with the evil man. His inner evil can produce only evil.

If we fill our hearts and minds with the things of the Spirit we shall draw from the storehouse of the Spirit and if we fill our hearts and minds with the impulses of the corrupt nature we shall draw from that also.
St. Paul’s Letter to the Galatians Chapter 5:22 is very clear regarding this,
All evil in the world comes from the impulses of our corrupt nature: concupiscence’s of flesh, concupiscence’s of mind and pride of life.

Let us be a Spirit-filled person and experience the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.

====================================
KEY VERSE:  Luke 6:46  
 Why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not [practice] what I tell you? (AMP).  
Navarre Commentary
46.  Jesus asks us to act in a way consistent with being Christians and not to make any separation between the faith we profess and the way we live: "What matters is not whether or not we wear a religious habit; it is whether we try to practice the virtues and surrender our will to God and order our lives as His Majesty ordains, and not want to do our will but his" (St Teresa of Avila, "Interior Castle", II, 6).

John Henry Newman
God created me
to do him some definite service;
he has committed some work to me
which he has not committed to another.
I have my mission -
I may never know it in this life,
but I shall be told it in the next ...
Therefore, I will trust him ...
If I am in sickness,
my sickness may serve him;
in perplexity,
my perplexity may serve him;
if I am in sorrow,
my sorrow may serve him ...
He does nothing in vain;
he may prolong my life,
he may shorten it,
he knows what he is about.
 

No comments: