Thursday 9 December 2010

Of Gods and Men - Des Hommes Et Des Dieux

The film of the Seven Monks of Algeria has become a Media Event.
Access is open to the Web on a amazing exposure.
Day after the release 4th December the Goggle trawled about 11,400 results (0.27 seconds),
today about 42,500 results (0.25 seconds).
  




Search Music - Amazon com Sampler

Here’s an interesting Review on Of Gods and Men music.
Amazon.Com Review.
4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful religious chants, September 19, 2010
By Robert J. Crawford (Balmette Talloires, France)
This review is from: Des Hommes Et Des Dieux (OST) (Audio CD)
This music accompanies a film of quite extraordinary sensibility. Though I am not at all religious, I greatly loved this music in the context of the film. The performances are clear and vivid, adding a great deal to the film. They are in French and Latin, ancient rhymes and chants, most often from the old testament, I believe. 

Listen to Samples

To hear a song sample, click on "Listen" by that sample. Visit our audio help page for more information.
Try our music sampler to hear all song samples from this album:Listen to all
Of Gods and Men - cast of the film.

1. L' Amour Selon Frère Luc
2. Seigneur, ouvre mes Lèvres
3. Puisqu'il Est Avec Nous
4. Psaume 142
5. Dieu, viens à mon aide
6. Nous Ne Savons Pas Ton Mystère
7. Notre Père
8. En Toi Seigneur nos Vies reposent
9. Psaume 4
10. Cantique de Siméon
11. Voici la Nuit
12. Salve Regina
13. Ô Père des Lumières
14. Lac des Cygnes, Op. 20 Scene Moderato
15. Testament Spirituel De Frère Christian [Extrait]



CAMBRIDGE

At the Cannes Film Festival the 2010 Ecumenical Jury awards its Prize to



It could be the ultimate Christmas film this year, with great drifts of snow but also a message of hope in a dangerous world. It's the latter that makes Of Gods and Men the perfect nip of seasonal philosophy. The film explores events leading up to the 1996 kidnap and massacre of seven French monks living in Algeria – an event that horrified France and stirred up a cauldron of controversy in a country that had just finished watching the banlieues burn in Mathieu Kassovitz's La Haine.


Prior Christian de Cherge's
Testament
Brother Christian’s testament
Should it ever befall me, and it could happen today, to fall victim to the terrorism which seems to now want to engulf all the foreigners living here, I would like my community, my church and my family to remember that my life was GIVEN to God and to this country.
May they accept that the Unique Master of all life could not be a stranger to this brutal departure. May they be able to associate this death to so many other violent ones, consigned to the apathy of anonymity.
I've lived long enough to know that I am complicit in the evil that, alas, seems to prevail over the world and even of the one that would strike me blindly.
I could never desire such a death. In fact, I don’t see how I could ever rejoice in this people I love being indistinctly accused of my murder.
I know the contempt the people of this country may have indiscriminately been surrounded by. And I know which caricatures of Islam a certain Islamism encourages.
This country and Islam, for me, are something else. They are a body and a soul.
My death will of course quickly vindicate those who hastily called me naïve or idealistic, but they must know that I will finally be freed of my most burning curiosity and will be able, God willing, to immerse my gaze into the Father's in order to contemplate with him his children of Islam as he sees them.
In this THANK YOU, where from now on all is said about my life, I include you of course, friends of yesterday and today, and you as well, friend of the last minute, who knew not what you were doing.
Yes, for you as well I want this THANK YOU and this FAREWELL which you envisaged.
And may we meet again, happy thieves in paradise, if it pleases God, the Father of us both.
AMEN! INCH’ALLAH!
from Press-kit, SONY Classic Pictures

Nunraw Abbey  Memorial Grove of the Seven Monks of Atlas
Under snow 8th December 2010

No comments: