Saturday 7 April 2012

Good Friday - Man of Sorrows

Good Friday - St. Bernadette, Erskine, Scotland




Thanks from Anne Marie---- Forwarded Message -----
From: Anne Marie . . .
To: Donald . . .
Sent: Friday, 6 April 2012, 22:46
Subject: Man of sorrows

This is a picture of our cross in the parish after the service.  I hope that Black Friday has brought you a bit closer the to wonder of the Resurrection.

Anne Marie
Sent from my iPad

The Hours of the Passion
The Eighteenth Hour:
http://luisapiccarreta.com/prayers-of-luisa/the-twenty-four-hours-of-the-passion-of-our-lord-jesus-christ/
From 10 to 11 AM
Jesus takes up the Cross and walks toward Calvary, where He is stripped,
Jesus embraces the Cross

My Jesus, insatiable Love, I see that You give Yourself no peace, I feel Your fidgets of Love, Your pains.  Your Heart beats strongly; and in every heartbeat I feel bursts, tortures, violences of Love; and You, unable to contain the Fire that devours You, You pant, moan, sigh, and in each moan I hear You say, “Cross!”  Each drop of Your Blood repeats, “Cross!”  All Your pains, through which You swim as though in an interminable sea, repeat among themselves, “Cross!”  And You exclaim, “O Cross, beloved and longed for, You alone will save My children, and I concentrate in You all My Love!”

No comments: