Monday 4 June 2012

Blessed Trinity - chart and commentary by William



Happily, William,
after the PDF challenge, 
it is possible to process your amazing Trinity of Chart
to illustrate your own commentary. 
It is a glorious exercise of conteplation in visual.
So many thanks.
Donald. 
 
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: William J. W - - -
To: Donald - - -
Sent: Monday, 4 June 2012, 19:24
Subject: The Trinity chart !

Dear Father Donald,
 
Thank you for pausing for even a moment to consider my Trinity chart! How ill equipped I am, but with delight I offer my commentary....
 
OLD TESTAMENT - the all powerful God was known to Israel and held the focus of all worship: thus He alone is 'in the frame'. All revelation was from the One God. Concealed behind Him, so to speak, yet made known through prophecy was the Messiah, and by faint references the Spirit of God. But the understanding was only of One God, and thus the other Persons of the Trinity remained concealed. The center-points of each overlapping 'frame' show the Father at the very centre, the Son (or Messiah) within the Father's 'frame' (as announced), but the Spirit remained outside of peoples' recognition at that time, thus out of the frame of God.
 
NEW TESTAMENT - suddenly God becomes present in the Son! All revelation is now through the Son. The Father was only to be known through the Son, with knowledge of the Spirit pending, so to speak. The center-points are now in closer proximity one to the other, each equidistant within the frame of Jesus' revelation as He explained His unique relationship with the Father and revealed the coming of the Spirit.
 
OUR TESTAMENT - we depend for access to the Trinity upon the Spirit. He is in the centre of the 'frame' of our belief in the Trinity. All revelation is via the Spirit. The center-points draw us in towards the center of the Trinity as the Spirit leads us through the Son towards the Father.
 
HEAVENS' TESTAMENT - we will gaze upon the center of the Trinity, the Godhead (yellow central infill from each of the earlier frames now the focal center-point). The center-points from each of the frames unite around the revelation of Jesus' Cross which is shown as the center of the revelation of the Trinity. In this final frame the center-points of each frame come together to reveal the unity of the Godhead.
 
I delight in the moment that my eye is drawn into the final focus on the Trinity! If I might be but a child for a moment, I should delight to make a cut-out of the final frame and spin it as a 'top' on a cord of elastic so that all the colours would merge into the glory of a rainbow!
 
With my love in Our Lord,
William
 
From: Donald - - -
To: William J W - - -
Subject: Fw: Understanding the Trinity 2

Trinity charted . . . .
Dear William,
It is a mind bender.
Nivard and I are tryng to work it out.
The PDF will not move to my Blog. Maybe it will work in an Attachment.
For the moment - we await in ecpectation of your commentary on the CHART.
Yours - - -
Donald.
PS. I am wondering how I can do the Charts which help doing the minatures from the illustration from the Mass Trinity Page - as in the Pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: William J. W - - -
To: Donald- - -
Sent: Sunday, 3 June 2012, 19:18
Subject: Understanding the Trinity

Dear Father Donald,
 
As I read your Blog posting on the Trinity, I am remembering last year at the RCIA where I witnessed bewilderment on a number of faces at the description / explanation of the Trinity as defined / presented in the Catechism. One presentation could not encompass so great a mystery. It seemed to me that the mystery is only 'understood' when it is seen through the gradual process of revelation, and so I drew a chart (attached) using the idea of a visual 'frame' to view the stages of revelation, for the mysteries of faith are of the nature of revelation.
 
I just wanted to show it to you as I 'refreshed' my understanding today!
 
With my love in Our Lord,
William