Sunday 24 June 2012

Gabrielle Bossis 24 June 1948


It is an anniversary of Ordination, 24 June of Birth of John Baptist, the thought prompted a search in "YOU AND i" of Gabrielle Bossis.
Gabrielle wrote an entry of 24 June 1948 and, always, it is timely.
Her Holy Hour is 'At home, looking at a bust of Christ' this time and it so happens that there is a bust of  Christ is out of my room in the offices cloister.
Attached is the illustration with this prayer.


HE AND i 
1948. p.297
June 24 - Holy hour.
At home, looking at a bust of Christ.
"I am the Head. You are My arms raised toward the Father. Let us glorify Him together My child. Put your whole heart into it; I mean your will. And you will be exalted. And your union with Me, the Head of the Body, will give you power undreamed of. All that is good in you is I Myself. So make room for Me.

Long for My consciousness to take over yours. Let yours go as you assume Mine. I don't make, as it were, official use of My instruments in you at every moment. But at every moment it should be your joyous privilege to have them in readiness for Me.
You remember the story of the little maid whom the King condescended to employ and who charmed him so much by her faithful service that he raised her to the rank of his most intimate friends? So united did they become that her one and only desire was to remain with him forever.

Gabrielle, what name does your love invent for Me?" "Lord, I find no name worthy of You."
"Then just love Me without giving Me a name."