Monday 6 October 2014

Saint Bruno 6th October 'Chartreuse crucifix' COMMENT



COMMENT:
From previous Blog Post William recalls the St. Bruno association.
Interesting pictures.
Thank you.
  + 
 www.nunraw.blogspot.co.uk   domdonald.org.uk 


Fw: [Blog] Chartreuse crucifix

On Monday, 6 October 2014, 11:49, William     ...> wrote:

[Attached photos to share with you - I would need a forensic camera to really display it]
Dear Father Donald,
It is now many years ago, when gainfully employed, that I wandered around the 'collectors' stalls' at fairs, but this has always DELIGHTED me and remains a 'treasure', which I subsequently attached to a 'chotki' prayer companion that I made out of many odd wooden beads. A very damaged hand-carved 'paste' crucifix signed across the back "Sct de la Grd Chartreuse", with the image sorely damaged (I remade Christ's right arm out of a sliver of wood in order to complete the dear image of Our Saviour).
A little piece of the history of life in the Grand Chartreuse. I wonder often who it was that carved it.
With my love in Our Lord,
William

 










No comments: