Saturday 8 November 2014

C.S. Lewis: My Life's Journey. Video. Biography. Emails

COMMENTS:
Thank you William,
After our share of the CS Lewis Biography (below), there follows the surfacing of the books abandoned in a top corridor here.    
These two are duplicates from the library, both as magnets in subject, see picture.

'Surprised By Joy', Collins price 2/6, 1960

Richard Harries, Biography, Collins price £1.75, 1977.
It is a new experience to encounter in the digital technology. The Videos or as Youtube below has the heart rending of 'David Payne stars in this one-man play recalling the life and times of C.S. Lewis'.
This is opening the whole  horizons of the Blogspot.
William, keep me briefed as we learn more.
Yours...
Donald.

++++++++++++++++++++

C.S. Lewis: My Life's Journey


Lewis book! and Br. Philip Talk
On Friday, 7 November 2014, 19:31, William .... wrote:

Dear Father Donald,
I am overjoyed at your kindness in sending me this copy of the biography of CS Lewis by RL Green & W Hooper. It is so thoughtful of you, and has quite made my day! I will greatly delight in it. 

I had been out with ...Jim to Mass, and thence to coffee where I showed him the rubrics of the Divine Office, for he had this last week acquired a bargain set, a very encouraging step [Thomas Merton's conversion through and through, Elected Silence, chapter True North]. This also after the parish priest had thrust upon me an ardent young man desirous to extend his understanding of Catholic Mysticism. So I returned home very weary... until E... pointed to a book parcel on the kitchen table which so delighted me! Thank you so very much.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the Youtube video of David Payne's biographical portrayal of CS Lewis. By the end I almost came to believe it was autobiographical, the actor so living his part.

Br Philip's talk - I could hear his delivery - told the beautiful story of his own discovery of the Community at Nunraw, closing so contentedly: "The Community has a special character of its own... it incarnates its own spirit in a life style both old and new, and to a large extent it is through this life style that the community spirit is to pass on to others". For so many years his has been the 'public face' of the Community to visitors and resident guests, and his graciousness has described to all the Cistercian Community spirit of which he speaks so eloquently. This chapter of the Rule could not have been presented more fittingly.
I look forward to the late evening when I can settle in the quietness to the delight of this book on CS Lewis, thank you so very much for all your kindness to me.
With my love in Our Lord,
William
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

David Payne stars in this one-man play recalling the life and times of C.S. Lewis. Presented as part of the "Let There Be Light Series". Series: "Let There Be Light" [3/2003] [Humanities] [Show ID: 7183]  

No comments: