Thursday 29 August 2013

Condolence: Dom Ambrose's funeral at Mt St Bernard

Southey_Ambrose_w400
Dom Ambros

Peter,
Thank you for the kind memories of Dom Ambrose.
....
Donald 


----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Peter ....
To: Donald <......
Sent: Wednesday, 28 August 2013, 15:46
Subject:
Dom Ambrose's funeral at Mt St Bernard

 Dear Donald,
. . .
I . . . am very sorry to be missing Dom Ambrose's funeral at Mt St Bernard. I would definitely have attended. I was actually at the Community Mass there last Saturday. I noticed for the first time that Dom Ambrose was not in his usual place, but in a wheel chair behind the altar. He often came to the back of the shop on a Saturday morning for a few minutes after Mass. I had the pleasure of sharing the same birthday as him, a little coincidence that we sometimes laughed about. I also helped him occasionally with some computer work, especially when he was librarian for a few years. He was a really good man, and will be missed. May he rest in peace.
. . .
Peter


No comments: