Friday 11 September 2015

FRIDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2015,Communion Hymn by James Quinn

COMMENT:
Image result for fr. james quinn sj hymns pictures
Fr. James Quinn SJ.

 FRIDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2015,
Communion Hymn


Hymns Old & New. Kevin Mayhew Ltd.
225 David Konstant...



1.I am the bread of life.
He who comes to me will never be hungry.
I will raise him up. I will raise him up.
I will raise him up to eternal life.
I am the bread of life.
 
2.I am the spring of life.
He who hopes in me will never be thirsty.
I will raise him up. (2)
I will raise him up to eternal life.
 I am the spring of life.

3.I am the way of life.
He who follows me will never be lonely.
I will raise him up. (2)
I will raise him up to eternal life.
I am the way of life.

4.I am the truth of life.
He who looks for me will never seek blindly.
I will raise him up. (2)
I will raise him up to eternal life. I am the truth of life.

5. I am the life of life.
He who dies with me will never die vainly.
I will raise him up. (2)
I will raise him up to eternal life.
I am the life of life.

  
John 6; 51-58adapted fromJames Quinn  

From: Douay Rheims Bible 1899
Joh 6:51  I am the living bread which came down from heaven. (6:52) If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
Joh 6:52  (6:53) The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
Joh 6:53  (6:54) Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
Joh 6:54  (6:55) He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.
Joh 6:55  (6:56) For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.
Joh 6:56  (6:57) He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me: and I in him.
Joh 6:57  (6:58) As the living Father hath sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me.
Joh 6:58  (6:59) This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead. He that eateth this bread shall live for ever.

No comments: