Wednesday 9 May 2012

Deep into My Wounds



----- Forwarded Message -----
From: William - - -
Sent: Tuesday, 8 May 2012, 20:36
 
Thank you for sight of the glorious 'burning bush' in the cloister garth - what a sight in the sunlight, aflame with fire!

- - - William


HE AND i
Burning Bush May 2012
By Gabrielle Bossis 
1945 p.198
When you no longer feel His presence, He is with you. 
August 3 1944 p. 176

Le Fresne church. Holy Hour.
While I was doing a hundred and one things I was thinking, "But I must look after my Beloved."
"Your Beloved does so much for you. When you are absorbed in other things He is there. When you are putting forth great efforts because your faith is dim, He is there. When you no longer feel His presence, He is with you. And when you think you are deserted He is right in your very centre, alive, watchful, loving. Knowing this, how could your tenderness not go out to Him? To Him of whose Being you have only a shadowy conception.
Say to Him, again and again, 'I realize that I know nothing about You. But with faith and confidence I give myself lovingly and without reserve in life and death, for You are more and more present, more and more loving and more and more mine.'
Deep into my Wounds
But above all, think this. Go deep into the meaning of those words by going deep into My wounds. Make this your permanent home, especially the wound in My heart. It will refuse you nothing. When people are
under the same roof, don't they love to share everything?
Live in My heart. Would you like to try, - since you are invited? What could hinder you? It isn't shyness, nor indifference? nor fear? Then it's just a question of making a first effort. But you know that I always help. Try. Once the threshold is crossed, you will notice that you are more at home than in your own home. You will know the sweetness of the secret life and of silent and heart-searching intimacies. What a joy for Me! Should I thank you now? Are you ready?"
Cloister garth 'Burning Bush'