Tuesday 29 May 2012

YOU AND i - Montmartre

You and I 
by Gabrielle Bossis
p.255 1947 Part Two 
April 25, 1947 - Montmartre.

A light bulb was missing in front of the Blessed Sacrament. "Lord, let my heart burn before You there in its place."

“To burn would not be enough. You must be consumed. I mean you must burn right out. This is what I did for you, for all of you. Don't you feel the desire to do the same for Me? This is what it means to simplify everything in you to a single principle, a single élan towards your great Friend. Isn't this restful? Isn't it your goal? And don't you find that this changes your entire being? You can see that My call is blessing, can't you, and that your response will bring you joy?

O answer! Answer unceasingly. Your strength will increase and you will give it to others so that it will go from soul to soul as a torch is passed from hand to hand. The living spring is your Christ. Drink at the very fountainhead, for the closer you come to the fountain-head the more your cup will run over.
Oh, My little girl, don't seek Me far from yourself.

You have Me right within you as a candle has its flame.”