Saturday 12 May 2012

St. Teresa 6000 souls by prayer

 
Blog:
And He made me remember that He had granted six thousand conversions for one of St. Teresa of Avila's prayers.”
An excerpt from “He and I” gives a taste of style of Gabrielle Bossis.
William expresses very appreciatively the simplicity and intimate dialogue with the Lord.
Apart from the scholars the verdicts on exact decision on ‘revelation’, Gabrielle's words are utterly entrancing in the presence of 'Him'.
The exchanges of the First-Person, Secdond-Person and Third-Persons are illumination, as in the St. Teresea reminder..

Email
----- Forwarded Message -----
From:
 William Wardle
To:
 Donald Nunraw  
Sent:
 Saturday, 12 May 2012, 19:07
Subject:
 Re: Gabrielle Bossis "He and I"
                                                                                                                              
Dear Father Donald,

Gabrielle Bossis' journal of the words spoken to her by the "Inner Voice" of Christ are extraordinarily affective.

I think it is the intimacy of her conversations with the Lord that instantly drew me into the sanctuary of presence:
  
'What have I done to deserve the kindness of My God?' one will ask. And [the Lord] shall reply, 'You loved Him with all your strivings and you let Him love you'"

I wonder: I have read a number of commentaries on the Lord's Prayer, especially with regard to the meaning of the petition, "Give us this day our daily bread": I wonder if the hidden meaning is a prayer for heavenly love: "Give us this day the love we need", from which would follow, 'forgive us our lack of love, as we forgive those who turn away their hearts from us."
               [Edit: a friend hoping repair and restore statue of Terese  of Lisieux.]
To restore antique statue
of Little Flower


The desperately sad face of the old 13" statue of the Little Flower shows an intense appeal for heavenly love to be poured out upon mankind. It is a haunting image.

Thank you for many quiet moments of reflection.

With my love in Our Lord,
William



HE AND i 
by Gabrielle  Bossis
March 15 – 1948
 Coming back from Mass I was thinking of sinners. It was cold and I was walking barefoot.
"Perhaps, Lord, You will give me two for my two feet?" "Two what? Two thousand?"
And He made me remember that He had granted six thousand conversions for one of St. Teresa of Avila's prayers.

March 17 - "I am thirsty. I have only what one gives Me. I take nothing."
March 18 - On the street in the morning among the laborers going to work, I said, "I too am going to my day's work living for You."
"Do you realize how many sinners you can save in a single day? Think of My dazzling power, riches and generosity. Who could hinder Me from giving you souls if I wish to do so?
For the earth, My justice is shackled by My mercy, moved to pity by the prayers of those I love. So count more on My generosity both for you and for all those you commit to Me. Dare to hope more than you have ever hoped before, as you come to believe in the divine open handedness. We aren't on the same plane: then expect the extraordinary. You have already experienced it. It will strengthen your faith and hope in a way that you don't suspect. For it is I Myself who come and can I come other than as God?


My love is the source of everything. Did you think it was My pity? My pity, yes, but moved by this love of Mine that is greater than all other loves. I can only teach you about it little by little, because you are so fragile. For you would faint like the beloved in the Song of Solomon, if more vehement words from My heart fell upon your ear, and if, as in beautiful books, I add­ed pictures. You're thinking, 'He's talking to me again about Love: And I'm thinking, 'When can I begin to talk to her about it?' ( ••• )